Sunday, November 4, 2018

Famous Last Words Week 11: Let's Go Beat Those Tortilla Bois! (Red Raiders)

Well, this is it! For my last couple of points in the class I figured a Famous Last Words would be apt- it’s been a fun ride and adding to this blog and my Indian Epics/general life knowledge has been a welcome break from the rest of my academic semester. This past week was fairly test-free, but still pretty crazy- despite my best efforts to keep the immune system aloft, I’ve been swamped with the standard sore throat/cold bug, and staying out in the cold for the duration of the ridiculously long Texas Tech game last night definitely did not help (but it was a great time nonetheless, even with the overnight bus ride back from Lubbock). Another highlight was catching Norman's Sooner Theatre's annual Halloween showing of the Rocky Horror Picture Show- it's a tradition with some close friends. We dress up every year and it's always a blast. The culture is so fun, and getting to participate is treat!

 In this class I’ve been going for the 410 point mark and inching closer each week, but realized on Thursday that it would be a shame to leave my Project Portfolio unfinished, so I added two stories and intend to revise them up despite my completion of the class. I’ve really enjoyed the Jatakas, and set up two more weeks of reading posts for the women-centric stories that I still intend to read, just on days with more down time rather than as part of a large lineup of homework. Though I’d like to stay in the class and keep doing assignments, I really need to take the time I’d generally use for it to study up on Physical Chemistry and work on my lab reports, as I’m definitely struggling harder in those areas than in this one.

With the return of the cold weather comes the return of my hat-knitting habits- the seven hour bus ride down to TTech yielded three hats (and I’m so happy I crammed the loom into my bag, because I might have frozen solid without the grey-knit beanie I made on the way). The game was crazy long and had over a hundred penalty yards, but the time was well-spent with some of my closest friends. I’ve included two personal pictures with this post: one of I and my two roommates, epically photobombed by our director, Mr. Britt; and one of the pep-edition mellophone sub-section, where you can see the tortillas we brought (for show- we’re not allowed to toss them down, but lived vicariously through the OU fans in the rest of the stadium doing so often throughout the duration of the game). 
Image Info: Personal Photo of me, my roommates, and our director at Texas Tech.
(from left: Mr. Britt, Kaleigh, me, and Meagan)
11/3/18
Image Info: Personal Photo of the TX Tech mellophones.
(from left: Maddie, Cole, Sterling, Meagan, Kaleigh, and me!)
11/3/18

No comments:

Post a Comment