Sunday, September 16, 2018

Famous Last Words: Week 4 and the Iowa State Game

This past week was a whirlwind (I’m getting a sense of déjà vu- I think I started last week’s famous last words with that same statement). It was all building up to the Iowa State game- I signed up and was fortunate enough to make it on to the pep band for Saturday. This game is one I’ve been looking forward to all semester, as Iowa is my summer home. I’ve lived two hours from Jack Trice Stadium since the fourth grade, and going meant there would be a possibility to see friends and family. Fortunately, there weren’t any high school competitions or anything going on on Saturday, and my two high-school aged siblings were able to make it to Ames with my mom, who I was so happy to see at least once before I make it back for Christmas (it’s an 11 hour drive, so home trips aren’t frequent). School-wise, I was scrambling to get ahead as the week progressed, and though I had my assignments done by Wednesday, I had to rush to get them printed for class on the days they were due. My first test is this Friday and I am anxious, but not as anxious as I am for the PChem quizzes/test coming up a week after. I had the harrowing thought that Texas week, which typically marks the middle of the semester, is three Saturdays from now. *mind blown*. It’s Week 5 already and the fall is flying by. Hopefully the weather follows and drops a few degrees, as the games have been rather taxing in the heavy uniforms (I love it though! Hydrate or diedrate!). I’m excited to put more work in on the Indian Epics Project, having decided to do a Portfolio, and I’m loving the way I’m going with it- focusing on the women of the stories we read. Hopefully this week goes well! 







Image Info: A personal photo of my younger sister Erin, who I got to see at the Iowa State game this weekend.
December, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment