Sunday, October 28, 2018

Famous Last Words: Let's Go Beat Those Wildcats!


The midsemester combo of drudgery and diversions continued in Week 10 with two tests, a roommate’s breakup, and a concert. Test A was a bit of a disaster, but Test B went pretty well, and the concert was a great time! This week we played the Kansas State Wildcats, complete with their taxidermied travel mascot, in a decisive and stress-free victory for our team and homecoming alumni as well. At the end of halftime the Pride unveiled a special surprise we’ve been cooking up this spooky season: we played Michael Jackson’s Thriller and danced it to boot to one of the most enthusiastic crowd reactions of the season.
Classwise, this week included a recap on the subjunctive tense in Spanish, a truly gorgeous book (My Favorite Thing is Monsters) in my Graphic Novel class, Antigone and Greek literature, a documentary on Jodorovsky’s unrealized Dune movie, a lot of Physical chemistry recap, various notes on PCR techniques, and me being grateful for the advance legwork I did for the Readings in this class. I did a Story Lab instead of a Story for a change, and through I missed the creative fun of writing, going through TVTropes.org was so fun! I absolutely loved exploring the website and its wealth of information. Though I didn’t end up getting to as many extra credit assignments as I wanted to, I’m still very much on track to finish early, and am excited to dive back in this week with the extra time afforded by the lack of tests. I'm also hype to read some of the material from the women-emphasis category- I set up the posts a few weeks ago and I've been looking forward to them ever since. Tuesday was my 20th birthday, and it was such a good day- I had classes and rehearsals, but my friends still made time to snag cheese fries at the Mont late into the night and the well wishes from everyone (even my 92-year-old grandparents) made me feel so loved. Great  birthday! I'm hoping to get back on a good sleep and study schedule this week! (Maybe it's wishful thinking...the Grey's Anatomy rewatch I and my roommate Meagan started may beg to differ). All in all, there's a lot going on, and college can be stressful sometimes, but I'm overall just very grateful to get to do what I do and study what I study with the people that I do. 19 was neat and so far 20 has been too!
Image Info: My 20th birthday celebratory post. Personal Image, Oct. 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment